Thursday, December 10, 2009

About how much do you have to sing for a high school musical tryout?

no, i don't mean the movie 'high school musical'.



Our audtions for my high school's spring musical is comming up and all of my friends are pestering me to try out. I havn't been in a musical since my seventh year :( So I'm sort of scared. About how long is a good audition? We're doing Seussical, and I'm thinking about singing the Sour Kangaroo's introduction to 'Biggest Blame Fool'. Is that good? Any pointers??? Please help me and don't be rude! Yes, she's supposed to have a big gospel-esk voice, but I'm pretty sure I can pull that. Aside from the voice, any advise?



About how much do you have to sing for a high school musical tryout?secure browser



This is a great question to ask the musical director (who is probably the choir director). Most schools will have a very specific audition set up in which they want to hear specific music. This will typically be songs from the musical for the character that you would like to play.



If they do let you choose something, they'll normally have guidelines regarding length, style, and difficulty.



Best bet- ask the director for specific advice, this will always go over well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp