Thursday, December 10, 2009

Musical terms?

Playing piano, self-teaching, so I need to know all the terms before I look like a fool. because I HAVE NO IDEA what should I call them..



Things played with the right hand is "Melody"



left hand is "Base"? chorus?



what are chords? is descending or ascending are chords? if not what are they called?



do you know other terms i should be aware of?



Musical terms?passions soap opera



The notes to the left of middle C, and therefore played with the left hand, are the bass notes. Those to the right ,and therefore played with the right hand, are the treble. Melody is simply another word for tune.



Chords are three or more notes played either together or separately. For example, C major would contain C, E and G. When these notes are played together, it is called a chord. When played separately, it is called an arpeggio, or broken chord)



Some other terms; pp (pianissimo - very softly), f (forte) very loudly. I could give you many more, but it's not a good idea to get too bogged down with too much too soon. I suggest you either find a good teacher or, if you'd prefer to continue teaching yourself. John Thompson's Piano Course is one I can highly recommend - available at all good music shops. Try googling Chappell's of Bond Street. A word of advice, though; don't go on to the second book until you've both completed and fully understood the first.



Musical terms?mr messed up opera theater



Chords are groups of note played together... I would give you a list of terms but I can't remember the website right now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp