Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hypothyroidism?

I have hypothyroidism. I've had it for a couple of years, and these are the things that I'm having:



1. I'm naturally skinning and I'm starting to gain weight.



2. I'm getting stressed easily and depressed



3. Before I got the disease, I used to be really outgoing, then when I got it and after, I became kind of shy and quiet.



4. I feel cold a lot like when I eat cereal, and also I can feel cold when others can't.



5. I feel tired, depressed, and stressed kind of often.



6. DRY SKIN



7. Hair loss when I straighten and after I shampoo.



8. My hair isn't naturally coarse, but it's getting that way, and it's also thinning.



9. I get poor sleep.



10. I'm bad at relaxing.



11. Memory problems.



Are there any other symptoms that hypothryoidism cause? I'm really concerned about this, so thanks a lot.



Hypothyroidism?chinese theater



Early symptoms:



* Poor muscle tone (muscle hypotonia)



* Fatigue



* Cold intolerance, increased sensitivity to cold



* Constipation



* Weight gain



* Muscle cramps and joint pain



* Thin, Brittle fingernails



* Thin, brittle hair



* Paleness



Late symptoms:



* Slowed speech and a hoarse, breaking voice. Deepening of the voice can also be noticed.



* Dry puffy skin, especially on the face



* Thinning of the outer third of the eyebrows



* Abnormal menstrual cycles



* Low basal body temperature



Less common symptoms:



* Heat intolerance, increased sensitivity to heat



* Impaired memory



* Impaired cognitive function (brain fog) and inattentiveness



* Urticaria (hives)



* Migraine headache



* A slow heart rate with ECG changes including low voltage signals. Diminished cardiac output and decreased contractility.



* Reactive (or post-prandial) hypoglycemia[8]



* Pericardial effusions may occur.



* Sluggish reflexes



* hair loss



* Anemia caused by impaired hemoglobin synthesis (decreased EPO levels), impaired intestinal iron and folate absorption or B12 deficiency from pernicious anemia



* anxiety/panic attacks



* difficulty swallowing



* Shortness of breath with a shallow and slow respiratory pattern.



* Impaired ventilatory responses to hypercapnia and hypoxia.



* Increased need for sleep



* Osteopenia or Osteoporosis



* Irritability and mood instability



* Yellowing of the skin due to impaired conversion of beta-carotene to vitamin A



* Impaired renal function with decreased GFR.



* Thin, fragile or absent cuticles



* Elevated serum cholesterol



* Acute psychosis (myxedema madness) is a rare presentation of hypothyroidism



* Decreased libido



* Decreased sense of taste and smell (late, less common symptoms)



* Puffy face, hands and feet (late, less common symptoms)



Those are all the symptomes that it may cause. I use to have Hyperthyroidism , So went to the endocrinologist, he did several TSH tests, even the radiactive iodide test, which tells the doctor if this disorder is caused by a virus.



If it is, ur lucky, When that happens, you would have 3 months of hyperthyroidism(high T3 levels) and then 2 months of normal T3 levels and then 3 months of hypothyroidism(low T3 ), then you will have normal T3 for ever. If its not the virus, you will have to deal with this problem for the rest of your life. Its not that dangerous as long as you take the medication or what ever that is prescribed by your doctor. luckily for me, i was affected by the Virus, and im totally normal now!



If u haven't so, ask your doctor to refer you to an endocrinologist.



Hypothyroidism?opera mini opera theater



How old are you? Are you taking medication for this?
Sounds like you aren't converting enough T4 into T3. You might do better with a T4/T3 medication like Armour getting the dosage adusted by free t4 and free t3, not by TSH.



The T3 in Armour helps with symptoms such as fatigue, depression, hairloss, brain fog, and muscle and joint aches.
You are practically a text book!



I think no1 has listed it all....



Has he mentioned itchyskin is another common symptom.



If you are properly medicated you should be able to manage this.



Why have you had this for so long and it continue to deteriorate.



Have you seen your GP or self diagnosed it?



You should get it properly managed it can lead to a whole load of other health problems.
I don't know much about this condition, but I have to tell you that you shouldn't expect to get rid of each one of this problems once the disease is treated. Some of them may not be related to Hypothyroidism at all.

1 comment:

  1. For me desiccated bovine thyroid supplements are getting my own thyroid to start producing rather than just supplementing. I am working with my chiropractor and am gaining great results.

    ReplyDelete

 
hp